Brisk Rock
Week 3 Day 2
I don't normally run 2 days in a row as I like to have a day of rest in between but I'm still in catch up mode so I decided to run today.
46 minutes:
5 minute warm up
36 minutes of running
5 minute cool down.
The 5 minute warm up I did at 3.2mph. I ran 10 minutes at 4.2mph and my legs were so sore, particularly my ankles, so I decided to do a brisk walk instead of trying to push through the run. I went down to 3.2mph for the duration of the running part. I had a good rhythm going and was still getting my sweat on so I was fine with having to slow down. The cool down I did at 3.0mph. I did 2.61m (4.2km).
I've been leery about pushing myself since my knee injury earlier this year so instead of going through the pain I just slow down instead. It used to really bother me to do this and I used to get so mad at myself. I know now that in order to stay healthy and strong I need to slow down sometimes. Further injuries would be worse than having to walk instead of run one day. I was still moving, still sweating and getting stronger so I can rock that next run.
Today's playlist was taken from some rock workout playlists on Apple Music. Hence the title of this entry. ;)
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses
Song 2 - Blur (which I hollered out at the top of my lungs which I'm sure my husband appreciated)
Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit [explicit]
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Fuel - Metallica
Come Out and Play - The Offspring
Bleed it Out - Linkin Park [explicit]
Riot - Three Days Grace
Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie
Bodies - Drowning Pool
Boom - P.O.D.
Fight for Your Right - Beasite Boys
The Doomed - A Perfect Circle [explicit]
This run was really good. Even though it wasn't much of a run per say, I felt really good about it. I felt positive and my head space was awesome the whole time. This is a first in a long time so I'm super happy about it. Usually I go through all kinds of emotions and thoughts while I'm doing my workout but today was all love. Ya progress!
I've been planning my trip back home to SK after Christmas and getting a workout plan set in place. I messaged my dear friend Jess to see how her gym works and if I could come in for a week or so to keep myself on track. She said I'm able to do that so I'm excited about that. She is part of the reason I started running and why I keep going. She's an inspiration in so many ways. Today's run is dedicated to her. Thank you for all you do and all you are Jess! <3
I'm going to honour my poor legs and take a day off, do some extra stretching and then get back to it!
Subscribe, share, comment, etc.!
Gina
I don't normally run 2 days in a row as I like to have a day of rest in between but I'm still in catch up mode so I decided to run today.
46 minutes:
5 minute warm up
36 minutes of running
5 minute cool down.
The 5 minute warm up I did at 3.2mph. I ran 10 minutes at 4.2mph and my legs were so sore, particularly my ankles, so I decided to do a brisk walk instead of trying to push through the run. I went down to 3.2mph for the duration of the running part. I had a good rhythm going and was still getting my sweat on so I was fine with having to slow down. The cool down I did at 3.0mph. I did 2.61m (4.2km).
I've been leery about pushing myself since my knee injury earlier this year so instead of going through the pain I just slow down instead. It used to really bother me to do this and I used to get so mad at myself. I know now that in order to stay healthy and strong I need to slow down sometimes. Further injuries would be worse than having to walk instead of run one day. I was still moving, still sweating and getting stronger so I can rock that next run.
Today's playlist was taken from some rock workout playlists on Apple Music. Hence the title of this entry. ;)
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses
Song 2 - Blur (which I hollered out at the top of my lungs which I'm sure my husband appreciated)
Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit [explicit]
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Fuel - Metallica
Come Out and Play - The Offspring
Bleed it Out - Linkin Park [explicit]
Riot - Three Days Grace
Thunder Kiss '65 - White Zombie
Bodies - Drowning Pool
Boom - P.O.D.
Fight for Your Right - Beasite Boys
The Doomed - A Perfect Circle [explicit]
This run was really good. Even though it wasn't much of a run per say, I felt really good about it. I felt positive and my head space was awesome the whole time. This is a first in a long time so I'm super happy about it. Usually I go through all kinds of emotions and thoughts while I'm doing my workout but today was all love. Ya progress!
I've been planning my trip back home to SK after Christmas and getting a workout plan set in place. I messaged my dear friend Jess to see how her gym works and if I could come in for a week or so to keep myself on track. She said I'm able to do that so I'm excited about that. She is part of the reason I started running and why I keep going. She's an inspiration in so many ways. Today's run is dedicated to her. Thank you for all you do and all you are Jess! <3
My treadmill. It stares at me. 😳
I'm going to honour my poor legs and take a day off, do some extra stretching and then get back to it!
Subscribe, share, comment, etc.!
Gina
Comments
Post a Comment