Catch Up Run

Week 2 - Day 4.  This was a catch up run from last week.  I got sick with a nasty head cold so I took just over a week off so this was a leftover run from before I got sick.  

Today's run was 75 minutes long.  5 minute warm up, 65 minutes of jogging and a 5 minute cool down.  I did the 5 minute warm up at 3.0mph, jogged at 4.0mph for 35 minutes then went down to 3.7mph for the last 30 minutes of the jogging part then did my cool down at 3.2mph.  I did 4.71 miles (7.6 kilometers).

I'm still not feeling 100%, my throat is still dry from coughing and my chest is still sore.  I knew that I needed to get back to it though so I did it.  

Today's soundtrack consisted of a playlist I curated for myself when I ran the 10K.  Music is super important to me when I run.  It's what keeps me going and it keeps my mind off of the fact that I'm running.  I haven't listened to my run playlist in a while so it felt like a warm hug going back to it, especially because I haven't run in just over a week and I've been under the weather.  I focused on my breath and the lyrics of the songs for the first bit.  I was starting to get tired around the 20 minute mark and wanted to take a break and walk a bit but I pushed myself to keep going.  The right songs kept coming at the right times to get me through this run.  I made it to the half way mark and knew that I was going to be going down to 3.7mph soon which kept me going those last 5 minutes of 4.0mph.  

My phone notified me around the 30 minutes remaining mark that the battery was at 20%.  This made me mad as my phone was pretty much fully charged when I started my run.  Thankfully my husband is home today so I yelled at him to get me my charger so I could keep the running app going.  I turned off the music and Tyler set the phone down beside my treadmill so I could watch my time.  I asked him to turn the TV on and put some music on for me to get me through the last part of this run.  MuchMusic had their top 50 music videos of 2017 on so I watched a few of those.  

Watching music videos is something I used to do all of the time growing up.  Back when that's all there really was on Much and MTV.  Though I was annoyed by my phone battery draining quickly I got to watch some videos.  The first few were stuff I hadn't heard before and will likely never listen to again.  Then Indian City feat. Black Bear by A Tribe Called Red came on.  I really like them and I love their videos so this was a little boost to get me through more of my run.  Honestly, this run felt like it went on forever and ever and ever.  75 minutes!?  Ugh.  Anyway, I made it to the end of the running part and Glorious by Macklemore came on.  I turned into a sobbing puddle of tears.  If you haven't watched the video, you must.  Also, if you still have any grandparents left, please do that with them!  I lost my grandmother who I was close with when I was almost 4 years old and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her.  So today's run is dedicated to my Grandma Martha. 

I made it through.  Despite the unexpected events during today's run, it is now one of my favourites.  I'm glad Glorious didn't come on when I was still running because running and crying is hard.  I watched Grey's Anatomy once when I was running and it was a disaster.  LOL!  

Playlist:
The Greatest - Sia
Run - Foo Fighters
Without You (feat. Sandro Cavassa) - Avicii [explicit]
Would You Ever - Skrillex & Poo Bear
Five More Hours - Deorro & Chris Brown
Best Friend (feat. NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno) - Sofi Tukker [explicit]
Close Your Eyes (And Count to F**k) {feat. Zack De La Rocha} - Run the Jewels [explicit]
Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal & Armand Helden {Tongue N' Cheek Dirtee Deluxe Edition}
Memories (feat. Kid Cudi) - David Guetta
Woman (feat. The Dap-Kings Horns) - Kesha [explicit]
Rock Star (Jason Nevins Remix Edit) - N.E.R.D
Work B**ch - Britney Spears [explicit]
Temperature - Sean Paul
This Girl - Kungs & Cookin' On 3 Burners
Ghosts 'n' Stuff (feat. Rob Swire) - Dead Mau5

Then I had to turn the music off.  Boooo!

Indian City feat. Black Bear - A Tribe Called Red:

Glorious - Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey:

Stretching after the run.  Charger and ear buds strewn across the floor.  Found it fitting to leave them there for the photo.  Haha!  

Feel free to share my blog with your friends and family, subscribe, comment, etc!  

Gina



Comments