From Grumpy to Happiness in 40 Minutes

Week 3 Day 1

I was hoping to get this run in yesterday but that didn't happen so today it is!  Today's run consisted of a 5 minute warm up, 30 minute run and 5 minute cool down = 40 minute workout.  The music I chose for this run was a new playlist curated by Power Music Workout on Apple iMusic called 2018 Fitness Motivation.  

The warm up I did at 3.2mph.  Then I bumped it up to 4.2mph for the first half of the running part (15 minutes).  After that I went down to 4.0mph for what I was thinking/hoping to be the last half of the running part but I really struggled to get through the last half so I did 4.0mph for 10 minutes and then 3.8pmh for the last 5 minutes.  I did my cool down at 3.2mph.  The end result was 2.6 miles (4.2km).

For some reason I woke up grumpy this morning.  I got the kids ready for the day, emptied the dishwasher and repeated "happiness is a choice, I choose happiness" over and over and over.  I started feeling better as I got myself centred and think I got out whatever was left of that grumpiness when I was on my treadmill.  

The Power Music Workout playlists are all upbeat, remixed for workout and normally really motivating.  It started off pretty good but then, for me anyway, crapped out a few songs in and I found myself skipping over more than I was listening to.  I'm not sure if this is part of the reason why I struggled near the end or not.  I wanted to quit so badly but I kept telling myself it's only a few more minutes, it's only a few more minutes, you've got this, you're almost done.  I growled quite loudly a couple times to vent some frustration which strangely enough helps me and keeps me going.  Today was not easy.  There was even a point at the end of it that I almost cried but I didn't.  I just kept running.  When I finished I felt way better.  Even as I sit here writing this I feel much better than I did before.     

Before my run I was scrolling through Facebook and came across an article that a friend shared about how hard the holidays are when you've lost a loved one.  So that was on my mind as I ran and I would like to dedicate my run to all of those who are grieving the loss of a loved one.  I hope you find some peace during the holidays.  I hope you have a chance to find some of the magic that this season brings.  It's also a reminder to be mindful of those around you.  Everyone is going through something.  Be kind even when it's hard to. Choose happiness.  Choose love.  

Thank you all for your support and love!  Feel free to subscribe, share with your friends and family, comment with suggestions, etc.!  

Gina


Comments