A New Shade of Red
Week 4 Day 2
Duration: 49 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 39 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
Today was hard. Really hard and I hollered at the top of my lungs a few times which freaked my kids out and I said bad words under my breath throughout. When I was finished I said one really loud which my children gave me heck for. I deserved it.
Warm up was done at 3.0mph. Run started at 3.8mph for the first 4 minutes. Then I bumped it up to 4.0mph and did that for 31 minutes. I went down to 3.0mph for 4 minutes as I got nauseous. Then bumped it back up to 4.0mph for the last 10 minutes because I was determined to get to 3 miles for this workout. Cool down was done at 3.0mph.
3.05miles (4.91km)
For whatever sick and twisted reason the cough from this cold came back yesterday and continued throughout the night. I ended up elevated on the couch to try and get some sleep because I was so exhausted. It didn't really help so I'm tired today. Thankfully I haven't coughed much today but my throat is so dry. When I got up at 6:30 with my kids I decided to be the storm. I started batch cooking for the next few weeks. I made 3 different recipes which resulted in about 20 meals. I have one more thing to cook but that will be what I'm having for dinner so I'll do that later and portion out the leftovers.
Then I decided to do my run. It started off okay. I queued up a Punk Essentials playlist in honour of my friend Dwayne's birthday today as I wanted to dedicate this run to him! Warm up went well. Run started off great! I was focusing on the sickness leaving my body, how my body is getting stronger with each run and how good my house smells from all of the cooking I did this morning. Then I started to get tired and my throat is just so sore and dry from all of the coughing yesterday and last night. About half way through I just felt like crap. That's when Billy Talent's This Is How It Goes came on and that's when I started hollering the chorus of the song at the top of my lungs. Let me tell you, it helped. It got me through the next 10 or so more minutes before I got nauseous. I walked for 4 minutes, slowed down and just let myself chill out. This being sick this is getting to me. I saw that I could make 3 miles but I had to run the last 10 minutes of the workout before the cool down so that's when I bumped it up. The last 3 minutes were the hardest. My son started twirling around the treadmill so I had to tell him to stop because that's just dangerous for everyone involved. He started crying and then he wasn't listening so my blood pressure was going through the roof making it harder to do the workout. He ended up going to his room like I asked him to, I finished my run and then we talked it out afterwards.
My kids have been so good when I'm on the treadmill. Except sometimes they aren't and then it stresses me out and raises my blood pressure. Fun times! I keep thinking working out in front of them (and eventually involving them) is good for them! But holy moly, it's not always easy.
Today's playlist was Punk Essentials by Andrew Gomez (on Apple Music - I just searched Punk Essentials). I skipped a couple songs but here is what I ended up with:
21st Century (Digital Boy) - Bad Religion
Chip - The Real McKenzies
Self Esteem - The Offspring
I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys
Bro Hymn - Pennywise
Still Waiting - Sum 41
The Press Corpse - Anti-Flag
This Is How Is Goes - Billy Talent
Drunken Lullabies - Flogging Molly
Don't Drag Me Down - Social Distortion
Time Bomb - Rancid
Dammit - blink-182
Savior - Rise Against
The Passenger - Iggy Pop
Going to hit the shower and relax this afternoon.
Gina
| So red, hence today's title. I did it though! |
| Training infö for todays' run. I haven't had to do any Sprints yet but they're going to be coming up soon I think. |
Comments
Post a Comment