Bounce Back

Week 3 Day 3

Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes

This is my first run of the year!  It's also the first run in 2 weeks.  I've been out because of this damn cold that just will not seem to go away.  Today I finally started feeling like myself again.  Really hoping this means I'm on the mend!  I'm a couple weeks behind on the training for the half marathon so I wanted to do something today, whatever that ended up looking like, to just get moving.  

The warm up went really well.  I did that at 3.2mph.  When the run started I bumped it up to 4.0mph.  The first 10 minutes were awesome.  I had a good rhythm going and I felt strong.  Then my lungs started burning and my nose started running.  That's when I started to get angry and I got into my head.  I got so mad that I wanted to punch something.  I didn't because I really don't have anything to punch near by (I need to get a punching bag installed in front of my treadmill LOL).  It's been beyond frustrating being so sick for so long and not being able to train the way I wanted to because of it.  It's been frustrating getting behind in the training.  So I was angry.  My lungs were on fire.  Nose was running.  I was in my head.  All of the negative icky thoughts came flooding in.  I thought about just quitting and saying screw the entire thing, the training and the half marathon, the blog...everything.  Instead I went down to a brisk walk at 3.6mph and calmed myself down.  It took a while but I was able to let the good outweigh the bad.  

I realized that I did not set an intention before the run nor did I think of someone to dedicate my run to.  This may have helped with the whole negative thoughts when they hit.  Something I need to keep in mind for next time.  I gave myself credit for stretching before my run.  I also gave myself credit for hopping on the treadmill today.  Once I switched my thoughts and started being kind to myself things got better.  I did it.  I did the workout.  It wasn't what I was hoping for but it was better than not doing anything at all.  I know it will take a while to get to where I want to be but I need to put in the work to get there, it won't just happen overnight.  

Each run and blog entry has been a learning experience.  It's been so interesting to sit and really think about the run afterwards.  I find I'm more aware while I run.  Keeping me in the moment, for the most part.  It has forced me to be kinder to myself quicker.  

Today's playlist:
i - Kendrick Lamar (explicit)
Forever - Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem (explicit)
Bounce Back - Big Sean (explicit)
Ni**as in Pairs - Jay Z & Kanye West (explicit)
Calm Down - Busta Rhymes feat. Eminem (explicit)
WTF (Where They From) - Missy Elliot feat. Pharrell Williams (explicit)
Party Up (Up in Here) - DMX (explicit)
X - Xzibit (explicit)
Country Grammar (Hot...) - Nelly (explicit)

Gina

Comments