Jog Blog
Week 3 Day 4
Duration: 78 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Jog: 68 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
It was a really good jog today. I understand how the longer training days work now. The last one I tried running when I should have been jogging. Huge difference! Today I jogged and it was awesome! I did my warm up at 3.2mph. When the jog started I bumped it up to 3.6mph until I hit the 22 minute mark of the work out then bumped it up to 3.7mph. My shoe started rubbing on the back of my right heel as my sock slipped down so I paused, ditched my shoes and did the rest of the workout in socks. Not highly recommended and I can just imagine some of you squirming right now. LOL! It was that or completely stop, figure something out and then keep going. I do not have time for that today so a shoeless workout it was. After 42 minutes of the workout I bumped it up to 3.8mph and did that until the end of the jogging portion. Cool down was done at 3.0mph.
I did 4.71 miles (7.6km) today! Same as the last longer day from last time but this time I felt WAY better.
My heart rate stayed at a great pace as did my breathing. My thoughts were all positive. I thought about my friend Lynette who mentioned she wanted me to dedicate one of my runs to her so, here you go buddy! I also thought about my lovely niece Carley who I'm extremely proud of. I got to see her when I was back in SK over the holidays. She has really grown into such a wonderful young woman. Her little girl is so sweet and I just love them both so much. So today my run was for them as well. I really have great people in my life. I thought about my bestie Jen who is in Mexico right now. I got to video chat with her this morning and it made my day to see her face. I'd rather be there with her as the weather here has turned for the worse yet again. Bleh. Near the end I was thinking it was a bit long of a workout but then I reminded myself that when I do the half marathon it will be much longer than today's workout so there's that. Haha. Who does these things?!
Today's playlist was really good. I just searched Power Workout on Apple Music and found this playlist:
Delirious (Boneless) - Power Music Workout
Get Low (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Cheap Thrills (John J-C Carr Remix) - Sia
Adrenaline - Zedd & Grey
Animals (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Turn Down For What (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Pound the Alarm (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Setting Fires (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
All Around the World (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
WTF (Where They From) - Power Music Workout
Get Ugly (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Crank It (Whoah!) - Single (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Let's Get Ridiculous (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Hide Away (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Feel So Close (Stereothief Remix Radio Edit) - Power Music Workout
Perfect Illusion (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Confident (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Drag Me Down (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Emergency (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Should've Been Us (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Fancy (Clean) [Workout Mix] - Power Music Workout
Let's Go (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
I just realized that my lungs didn't burn this workout! Yeah feeling better and having an awesome workout! I couldn't be happier right now. Hope you're all having a wonderful day.
Comments
Post a Comment