No Diggity

Week 5 Day 2

Duration: 51 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 41 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes

Today's run felt really good!  I can feel my body getting stronger with each week that passes and it feels amazing.  For the warm up I did 3.6mph.  The first 21 minutes of the run I did 4.2mph.  Then I had to go down to 3.8mph because I was getting tired and the kids were starting to fight so my blood pressure went up and I had to talk to them which throws my breathing rhythm off so I just had to slow it down.  I did a brisk walk/jog at 3.8mph for 4 minutes and then went to 4.0mph until there were 8 minutes left in the run portion.  For the last 8 minutes I did a brisk walk at 3.7mph as I got a cramp on my right side.  The cool down was done at 3.2mph.

3.3 miles (5.31km)

Though I still have a cough I really feel like the cold is gone, finally!  It's my mental health that has been rough the last couple of days.  The darkness has lifted but I'm still in a fog today.  I'm hoping by tomorrow I'm back to myself.  Depression is hard.  The plan was to do a run last night but I could hardly stop crying for 5 minutes so it just didn't happen.  I wasn't about to let the darkness win 2 days in a row so the workout happened today.  I'm so glad I did it too because I feel a lot better. 

There were parts of this run that I struggled through but I was able to keep going and it felt good.  Come race day I really want to keep a steady pace so I'm working on doing the shorter workouts with everything I have to get stronger so I can maintain a good pace during the half marathon.  Keeping my eye on the prize is helping.  

As I was running I was thinking about who I wanted to dedicate this run to and I decided to dedicate this one to myself.  This one is for me to remind myself that I don't always have to "do it all".  I can't do all of the things all of the time, not for a long period of time anyway.  It's okay to say no.  Life is too short to live it stressed and burnt out.  This blog has been a good reminder to take a few minutes to reflect, enjoy the moment and stay grounded.  It's okay that I'm not happy go lucky, passionate and fiery every day.  There are days I'll be sad and it's okay because I don't stay in that place.  I have to give props to my husband who handled the last couple days really well.  Thank you babe.  <3

Onto today's playlist.  It was a mix of things again.  I had a list happening but it didn't save on my phone properly so I ended up on my own.  Here it goes:

Alone (R3hab Remix) - Jessie Ware
Temperature - Sean Paul
This Girl - Kings & Cookin' On 3 Burners
Ghosts 'n' Stuff (feat. Rob Swire) - deadmau5
One Day/Reckoning - Asaf Avidan & The Mojos
Sabotage - Beastie Boys [explicit]
Numb/Encore - JAY Z & LINKIN PARK [explicit]
Nobody Speak (feat. Run The Jewels) - DJ Shadow [ explicit]
Down With The Trumpets - Rizzle Kicks
Pumpin Blood - NONONO
Call on Me (Ryan Riback Remix) - Starley
Juicy Wiggle - Redfoo
Get Low - Lil Jon & East Side Boyz [explicit]
No Diggity (feat. Dr. Dre) - Blackstreet

Decided to run with my hair down...not the best idea.  LOL!  I was so hot within 5 minutes of running.  All of the sweat.  
I'm in awe that I'm half way through week 5 already!  So crazy!!  18/47 workouts complete!  

Gina

Comments