Runnin'
Week 5 Day 3
Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
2.75 miles (4.43km) - The beginning of week 5 was a 40 minute workout as well. I did 2.65m/4.3km for that workout. .1 more miles/.13 more kilometres done today! YIPPEE!!
I crushed it today you guys! Crushed. It. Started off with the warm up at 3.4mph did that for 2 minutes. Then I went up to 3.5mph for 2 minutes and finished the warm up off at 3.5mph for the last minute. For the run I went to 4.4mph and did that for 10 minutes. Then I bumped it up to 4.5mph. Rocked that out for 15 minutes and then went down to 4.0mph for the last 5 minutes. Cool down I did at 3.0mph.
I've had a wicked headache all day. It's felt like there was a vice tightening on my head. So much pressure. I didn't let it stop me from doing my workout tonight though. The amount of crap I've had to push through lately just to function is ridiculous. I'm really looking forward to going to see my doctor next week. I cannot wait to feel normal again! Despite it all, I keep on keeping on and I'm so glad I have been because I feel really good about the half marathon. I still think it's completely insane but hey, I'm getting stronger. Yeah progress! My breath and pace were really good today. I can't find my regular water bottle and the one I'm using isn't the greatest to drink out of while running so that resulted in a bit of a cramp on my right side around the middle and again towards the end of the workout. Must look hard for that water bottle tomorrow.
My lungs and throat were on fire this run. They just feel so dry. I still have a bit of a cough still from that cold but for the most part it's gone. Really need to up my water throughout the day as I've been slacking on that part big time. May help with the throat and such as well.
Today's run is dedicated to my biggest cheerleader throughout this whole journey Chantal! Your comments on my posts, texts, encouragement and support do not go unnoticed. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. Love you Boo! THANK YOU for everything. My first 5K was with her years ago. We ran the CIBC Run for the Cure and made T-shirts with our girls on them saying "We're running so they don't have to". Maybe we'll have to do another 5K together soon.
The playlist was curated by myself today! I have to move a few songs around but I really like it! It's fun and kept me motivated. Here it is:
Out of My Head (feat. Tove Lo and ALMA) - Charli XCX [explicit]
More Than Friends (feat. Kelli-Leigh) - James Hype
Just Dance (feat. Colby O'Donis) - Lady Gaga
Breathe (feat. Ina Wroldsen) - Jax Jones
Instruction (feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don) - Jax Jones [explicit]
I Miss You (feat. Julia Michaels) [Cahill Remix] - {explicit}
Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato [explicit]
Beautiful Trauma (MOTi Remix) - P!nk [explicit]
S&M - Rihanna
On My Mind - Disciples
What About Us (Cash Cash Remix) - P!nk
Have a good night!
Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
2.75 miles (4.43km) - The beginning of week 5 was a 40 minute workout as well. I did 2.65m/4.3km for that workout. .1 more miles/.13 more kilometres done today! YIPPEE!!
I crushed it today you guys! Crushed. It. Started off with the warm up at 3.4mph did that for 2 minutes. Then I went up to 3.5mph for 2 minutes and finished the warm up off at 3.5mph for the last minute. For the run I went to 4.4mph and did that for 10 minutes. Then I bumped it up to 4.5mph. Rocked that out for 15 minutes and then went down to 4.0mph for the last 5 minutes. Cool down I did at 3.0mph.
I've had a wicked headache all day. It's felt like there was a vice tightening on my head. So much pressure. I didn't let it stop me from doing my workout tonight though. The amount of crap I've had to push through lately just to function is ridiculous. I'm really looking forward to going to see my doctor next week. I cannot wait to feel normal again! Despite it all, I keep on keeping on and I'm so glad I have been because I feel really good about the half marathon. I still think it's completely insane but hey, I'm getting stronger. Yeah progress! My breath and pace were really good today. I can't find my regular water bottle and the one I'm using isn't the greatest to drink out of while running so that resulted in a bit of a cramp on my right side around the middle and again towards the end of the workout. Must look hard for that water bottle tomorrow.
My lungs and throat were on fire this run. They just feel so dry. I still have a bit of a cough still from that cold but for the most part it's gone. Really need to up my water throughout the day as I've been slacking on that part big time. May help with the throat and such as well.
Today's run is dedicated to my biggest cheerleader throughout this whole journey Chantal! Your comments on my posts, texts, encouragement and support do not go unnoticed. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. Love you Boo! THANK YOU for everything. My first 5K was with her years ago. We ran the CIBC Run for the Cure and made T-shirts with our girls on them saying "We're running so they don't have to". Maybe we'll have to do another 5K together soon.
The playlist was curated by myself today! I have to move a few songs around but I really like it! It's fun and kept me motivated. Here it is:
Out of My Head (feat. Tove Lo and ALMA) - Charli XCX [explicit]
More Than Friends (feat. Kelli-Leigh) - James Hype
Just Dance (feat. Colby O'Donis) - Lady Gaga
Breathe (feat. Ina Wroldsen) - Jax Jones
Instruction (feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don) - Jax Jones [explicit]
I Miss You (feat. Julia Michaels) [Cahill Remix] - {explicit}
Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato [explicit]
Beautiful Trauma (MOTi Remix) - P!nk [explicit]
S&M - Rihanna
On My Mind - Disciples
What About Us (Cash Cash Remix) - P!nk
| .1 BABY! It may not seem like a lot but each little bit helps. Each .1 is progress! :D |
-Gina
Comments
Post a Comment