Something Like a Storm

Week 4 Day 1

Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes

I started out this workout with a brisk walk at 3.2 mph.  Then I bumped it up to 4.0mph and ran until the last minute and a half at 4.4mph.  Cool down I did at 3.0mph.  

It was a really good run!  I'm feeling stronger.  Starting to feel like I'm catching up to where I want to be in this training which feels amazing.  When I started the run I was thinking about my friend Teri who just moved here from Saskatchewan.  She's been missing her friends and family back home, which I can relate to fully and completely from when I first moved here over 12 years ago.  So today's run is dedicated to her!  

I wore tall socks today so my shoes stayed on for the duration of the workout!  I did a stretch before and one after but I'm going to have to do more throughout the evening and likely tomorrow morning as well.  My leg muscles are tight.  My knees have been really good which I'm thrilled about!  I haven't had to tape them at all so far in this training which means the supporting muscles are stronger and doing their job.  

At no point did I want to quit today which feels like huge progress.  I got tired around the last 6 minutes of running but just powered through knowing it was only 6 more minutes.  I had some really good music to carry me through.  I found the Top 100 Running playlist from the Power Music Workout curator on Apple Music.  Then to cool down I listened to one of Matthew Good's new songs called Decades from his new album Something Like a Storm.  Now I'm listening to his new album and it's so freaking good.  Anyway, the word Storm has been coming up a lot lately so I thought the album title was fitting.  

I feel like for years I've weathered the storm.  Observed the storms come and go, learning all kinds of lessons along the way.  This year I want to be the storm.  Not in a angry way, more like a strong, passionate, tenacious, fire-burning-in-my-soul kind of way.  Not destroying everything in my path but motivating and empowering.  I've really been thinking about what intentions I'm setting for 2018 this month and I think this is a good one.  :-)

Playlist:
Tell Me You Love Me - Galantis & Throttle
Anywhere (Workout Remix) - Power Music Workout
Up All Night - Beck
Home (Workout Remix) - Power Music Workout
Let You Down (Workout Remix) - Power Music Workout
Roses (Workout Mix 1) - Power Music Workout
Location (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
Bad at Love (Workout Mix) - Power Music Workout
A-YO - Lady Gaga
Rockstar (Workout Mix) Power Music Workout
Decades - Matthew Good 


Have a great weekend!  TGIF!

Gina

Comments