Stretch It Out
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas or holiday equivalent! I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Year and am wishing everyone all the best for 2018! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of excitement and for me, sickness. I have not been able to shake this cold and swear I've caught every strain of it since November when this whole thing started.
Because of just generally feeling like crap I have not been running. Christmas was spent at home in Winnipeg with my family. My husband was off for Christmas which is rare so we spent it with his parents, Uncle and Grandma. It was lovely. My children and I made our way to Saskatchewan to spend some of the holidays with my side of the family. My intent while home was to make it to one of my friends cycle classes at the Wheelhouse here in Regina and a class at another friends gym, Readiness Fitness. However, resting and occasional visits have been the norm for the last week because...cold from hell. Despite wanting to stay in with a cup of tea I ventured out to Readiness this evening.
Firstly, THANK YOU so much to my friend Jess for having me as a guest for her Stretch Class! It was really wonderful and exactly what I needed. I'm so glad I pushed myself to get to the class. Secondly, if I lived in Regina this would be my gym! It's amazing.
The stretch class was 75 minutes long which flew by so quickly. I was actually sad when it was over. I wanted more! :) Jess lead us through a series of yoga poses bookended by savasana's. It was delightful and I felt so good afterwards. It really opened up my sinuses and relaxed my body. I've been feeling so tense from all of the coughing, enduring the deep freeze type weather we've been having in the prairies for over a week, sleeping in beds other than my own and the long car ride. So this was extremely helpful. And that fact that it was lead by my friend made it that much more special.
To be honest, I do not stretch nearly as much as I should considering how much I normally run. My physiotherapist and masseuse have both mentioned that I need to stretch more. After this evening I have made it a goal to do so this year. Stretch longer before and after my runs and workouts. It just feels so good to let yourself relax and give love to our muscles that we work so hard.
I'm not going to be able to make it to the Wheelhouse this trip so I will make sure to get there next time I'm back in town as I really enjoyed that this past summer. The kids and I head back to Winnipeg on Friday so hopefully I'm now on the mend for real this time and am able to start back training once I get home. Only 4 months left until the half marathon! The countdown is on!
If you're in Regina and are interested in checking out Readiness Fitness here is the link:
http://www.readinessfitness.com
Thank you all for your patience during this whole thing. I'm so looking forward to being healthy again so I can get back to this on a regular basis!
Off to have a cup of hot water as I can't find the tea in my Aunty's house. Please feel free to share this blog with your friends and family, subscribe, comment with any suggestions you may have, etc.
Gina
Because of just generally feeling like crap I have not been running. Christmas was spent at home in Winnipeg with my family. My husband was off for Christmas which is rare so we spent it with his parents, Uncle and Grandma. It was lovely. My children and I made our way to Saskatchewan to spend some of the holidays with my side of the family. My intent while home was to make it to one of my friends cycle classes at the Wheelhouse here in Regina and a class at another friends gym, Readiness Fitness. However, resting and occasional visits have been the norm for the last week because...cold from hell. Despite wanting to stay in with a cup of tea I ventured out to Readiness this evening.
Firstly, THANK YOU so much to my friend Jess for having me as a guest for her Stretch Class! It was really wonderful and exactly what I needed. I'm so glad I pushed myself to get to the class. Secondly, if I lived in Regina this would be my gym! It's amazing.
The stretch class was 75 minutes long which flew by so quickly. I was actually sad when it was over. I wanted more! :) Jess lead us through a series of yoga poses bookended by savasana's. It was delightful and I felt so good afterwards. It really opened up my sinuses and relaxed my body. I've been feeling so tense from all of the coughing, enduring the deep freeze type weather we've been having in the prairies for over a week, sleeping in beds other than my own and the long car ride. So this was extremely helpful. And that fact that it was lead by my friend made it that much more special.
To be honest, I do not stretch nearly as much as I should considering how much I normally run. My physiotherapist and masseuse have both mentioned that I need to stretch more. After this evening I have made it a goal to do so this year. Stretch longer before and after my runs and workouts. It just feels so good to let yourself relax and give love to our muscles that we work so hard.
I'm not going to be able to make it to the Wheelhouse this trip so I will make sure to get there next time I'm back in town as I really enjoyed that this past summer. The kids and I head back to Winnipeg on Friday so hopefully I'm now on the mend for real this time and am able to start back training once I get home. Only 4 months left until the half marathon! The countdown is on!
If you're in Regina and are interested in checking out Readiness Fitness here is the link:
http://www.readinessfitness.com
Thank you all for your patience during this whole thing. I'm so looking forward to being healthy again so I can get back to this on a regular basis!
Off to have a cup of hot water as I can't find the tea in my Aunty's house. Please feel free to share this blog with your friends and family, subscribe, comment with any suggestions you may have, etc.
Gina
Comments
Post a Comment