This Workout Has 90 Minutes
Week 5 Day 4
Duration: 90 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Jog: 80 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
5.53 miles/8.9 kilometres
Started the warm up at 3.0mph. The first 25 minutes of the jogging portion I did at 3.6mph. Then I bumped it up to 3.7mph for 20 minutes. I was feeling pretty good at this point so I decided to go up to 3.8mph and did that for 25 minutes. The last 10 minutes of the jogging part I wanted to push it so I did 5 minutes at 3.9mph, 2 minutes at 4.0 and the last 3 minutes I did 4.2mph because the music fit that speed really well. The cool down was done at 3.2mph.
Overall it was a good run. It started off really well. I had a great pace going and my breath rhythm was steady. I got half way through and then started feeling angry. Do any of you get angry when you run? My sister said it happens to her sometimes too. It doesn't happen every run but some of them I really want to punch something. I actually did some shadow boxing at one point to try and help the feeling to subside. There may also have been some growling involved to help me get through. LOL! The anger lifted around the last 20 minutes of the workout. I had to really talk myself through the last 20 minutes of the workout. It was tough. I did it all though! Long runs are an emotional and mental workout just as much as a physical one. For myself anyway.
Today's run is dedicated to my in laws who are embarking on a new adventure in their retirement this year. We are going to miss them when they move but we're also really excited and happy for them. Wishing them all the best during this transition!
The soundtrack to today's run started punk and ended in dance/running remixes. Here it is:
Sorrow - Bad Religion
Do What You Want - Bad Religion
F**k Authority - Pennywise [E]
Bro Hymn - Pennywise
Linoleum - NOFX
Separation of Church and Skate - NOFX
Justified Black Eye - No Use for a Name
Invincible - No Use for a Name
May 16 - Lagwagon
Violins - Lagwagon
Roots Radical - Rancid
Hopeless Romantic - The Bouncing Souls
True Believers - The Bouncing Souls
I'm Destroying the World - Guttermouth
Anti-Manifesto - Propagandhi
Note to Self - Propagandhi
No Cigar - Millencolin
Alive and Well - Rise Against
---The rest are all Power Music Workout - Workout Remixes---
Despacito
Havana
Sorry Not Sorry
Bodak Yellow
Shape of You
Bad at Love
Feel It Still
What Lovers Do
Rockstar
Location
Believer
It's been a tough few weeks dealing with depression and anxiety but I've been pushing through. I'm going to see my doctor this week so hopefully we can sort that out. I've been feeling better physically. Stronger and more determined to just keep going. It'll all come together, I just have to keep on keeping on. This blog is helping. The running is helping. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.
I'm cooled down now and not angry anymore. LOL!
Gina
| 90 freaking minutes! I did it! Bye week 5. |
Comments
Post a Comment