Sweat It Out

Week 5 Day 1

Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes

2.65 miles (4.26km)

Today's run was really good!  I actually did the workout this morning but ran into some technical difficulties with my laptop so I wasn't able to post until now.  It showed that there was an update available so I okay'd that to run while I did my workout.  It failed half way through but thankfully I was able to fix it with the help of google and Apple Support.  Phew!  I was so scared that I lost everything.  

Back to the run!  I did the warm up at 3.2mph.  The run I started at 4.4mph and did that for 15 minutes.  I started to get tired after 10 minutes but pushed through for another 5 minutes.  I did a jog at 3.8mph for 1 minute to slow it down a bit before bumping it up to 4.0mph for the last 14 minutes.  Cool down was 3.2mph.

Not going to lie, I wanted to call it in and walk the rest of the workout around the half way point.  Then I remembered my friend Chelsea's comment on my last post and it motivated me to keep going.  Here's her comment:
 Chelsea You better run for me for a Post! Think of it as me being cheesecake, and you are Oprah circa 1998.
Sorry Oprah.  But really though, it helped!  I thought mostly about Chelsea and what an awesome friend she is.  I love her humour.  That made me smile and smiling during a run always makes it a little bit better.  We've been friends for years and years and then add some more years on top of that.  She tells it like it is and is never afraid to call me out on my crap.  Chelsea, I appreciate the heck out of you and am grateful that you're in my life.  This one was for you.  THANK YOU for motivating me to keep going when I did not want to.  I chased the crap out of that cheesecake!  ;)

My breathing and rhythm was good today.  It seems like I'm getting to a certain point (half way) in the run where I just get really tired and that's when I feel like throwing in the towel.  I haven't been though so I'm proud of myself.  On the other hand it's really hard to push through that and make it out the other side.  I have an appointment with my doctor at the end of the month to check my thyroid levels to see if that's the culprit.  

After my workout I was busy trying to fix my laptop but also needed to hit the shower as I had a massage appointment to get to.  A massage after a run is my new favourite thing.  My massage therapist is magic.  If you're in the Transcona area, or are willing to drive check out M.Y. Touch Massage.
https://www.facebook.com/M.Y.TouchMassageWinnipeg/

Today's playlist was a bit disjointed again.  I'm having some issues finding songs that keep me going all the way through.  I really need to make more playlists for myself.  

Breakout - Foo Fighters
Rockabye (feat. Sean Paul) - Clean Bandit
Malibu - Power Music Workout Remix
Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd
Run - Foo Fighters
Best Friend (feat. NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno) - Sofia Tukker
Close Your Eyes (And Count to F**k) [feat. Zach De La Rocha] - Run The Jewels (explicit)
Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal & Armand Helden
Memories (feat. Kid Cudi) - David Guetta
The Greatest - Sia
Elastic Heart - Sia

Starting from Run by the Foo Fighters is my running mix that I made for my 10k run.  I skipped a few songs to suite the pace I needed.  For my runner/workout friends what do you listen to for your runs/workouts??  Please share your playlists with me!!
I waited and waited for him to show up behind me to get this.  LOL!  He didn't want a kiss or a hug after I was done.  I don't understand why.  Hahahahaha!!  

So sweaty today.  I was glistening.  Haha!  




Comments