Attitude of Gratitude
Week 7 Day 1
Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
This run was actually done yesterday but I did not have a chance to do the blog entry until today.
2.61 miles/4.2 kilometres
The last couple of days I've been feeling really good. It's been really nice. Yesterday's run was...interesting. Haha! So I started off the warm up at 3.6mph with a jog. Went to 4.8mph for the running part and then planned on going up from there as I progressed through the running part of the workout to try and get to 3.0 miles. Needless to say, that did not happen as you can see above. Around the 12 minute mark I broke down crying. I'm not really sure why, just a flood of emotions came and I had no control over them. I had to slow the treadmill down to a brisk walking pace and just let the tears fall.
A lot of things have happened in the last 5 months. 3 people I know passed away. I've had to deal with something in my photography business that I've never had to before which has been difficult and draining. I've been working with my doctor to get my health dealt with. I have friends who have had terrible news with their health. I'll be making a huge leap in a few months with my businesses so that's been on my mind and scary, yet exciting at the same time. It's just been a lot all at once. Normally I can deal with this stuff no problem but not this time. And really, that's okay. I'm not perfect.
As I was crying on the treadmill thinking about these last few months I was also thinking about all of the good parts of it too. I'm a glass half full person. :) I'm grateful for the time I had with each and everyone I have lost. The memories I have of all of them will be with me forever. It's made me love my family and friends a little more, appreciate the small things and never take anything for granted.
Which brings me to my next point and also who this run is dedicated to. I have an amazing friend, mentor and fellow photographer who has helped me over the years. Linell, this one is for you! Thank you so much for listening to me and giving me advice, especially this last 5 months. When I had something come up that I've never had to deal with before you were the one there sharing your experiences with me and giving me advice on how to deal with it. I was losing sleep over it and so very stressed out about it but you helped put my mind at ease. I'm still struggling a bit but it's been a huge learning experience and for that I'm forever grateful. Also thank you so much for all of your advice with the direction I want to take my business. It's honestly gold to me and I'm so so so grateful for all of it. I enjoy our long conversations about life, photography, business and our crazy ideas. The joking and laughter is non stop. Love you girl! <3
My doctor is really good and I'm grateful she's willing to work with me to resolve whatever the heck is happening with my health. I have faith that we'll be able to get it all figured out so I can get back to my old self quickly. Thyroid issues are so common and the more I talk about it the more people I know have them.
Come the end of June I'll be running my businesses full time which is very exciting and something I've been working towards for the last 5 years. It's so scary and I have all of the what if's but there is a quote that I keep thinking of, "What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?" The more I talk about it the more business has been coming in. I have amazing support and networks. It's so exciting to see where it goes. There is a lot that comes along with it but I've got this!
By the end of the run I was still crying, still overwhelmed but felt okay. After my shower I was feeling a lot better. The rest of the day was spent with friends and my family. Sometimes things have to break down before they can build by up again. I feel like that's what happened during that run yesterday. Still determined to get that 3 miles in 40 minutes. LOL! It will happen!!!
The playlist I ran to was part of Steve Aoki's new album I talked about a few runs ago and to be honest I don't remember what the songs were because I was not really listening. All I know is it started with "I Love it When You Cry" which I feel was fitting now that I think about it.
Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
This run was actually done yesterday but I did not have a chance to do the blog entry until today.
2.61 miles/4.2 kilometres
The last couple of days I've been feeling really good. It's been really nice. Yesterday's run was...interesting. Haha! So I started off the warm up at 3.6mph with a jog. Went to 4.8mph for the running part and then planned on going up from there as I progressed through the running part of the workout to try and get to 3.0 miles. Needless to say, that did not happen as you can see above. Around the 12 minute mark I broke down crying. I'm not really sure why, just a flood of emotions came and I had no control over them. I had to slow the treadmill down to a brisk walking pace and just let the tears fall.
A lot of things have happened in the last 5 months. 3 people I know passed away. I've had to deal with something in my photography business that I've never had to before which has been difficult and draining. I've been working with my doctor to get my health dealt with. I have friends who have had terrible news with their health. I'll be making a huge leap in a few months with my businesses so that's been on my mind and scary, yet exciting at the same time. It's just been a lot all at once. Normally I can deal with this stuff no problem but not this time. And really, that's okay. I'm not perfect.
As I was crying on the treadmill thinking about these last few months I was also thinking about all of the good parts of it too. I'm a glass half full person. :) I'm grateful for the time I had with each and everyone I have lost. The memories I have of all of them will be with me forever. It's made me love my family and friends a little more, appreciate the small things and never take anything for granted.
Which brings me to my next point and also who this run is dedicated to. I have an amazing friend, mentor and fellow photographer who has helped me over the years. Linell, this one is for you! Thank you so much for listening to me and giving me advice, especially this last 5 months. When I had something come up that I've never had to deal with before you were the one there sharing your experiences with me and giving me advice on how to deal with it. I was losing sleep over it and so very stressed out about it but you helped put my mind at ease. I'm still struggling a bit but it's been a huge learning experience and for that I'm forever grateful. Also thank you so much for all of your advice with the direction I want to take my business. It's honestly gold to me and I'm so so so grateful for all of it. I enjoy our long conversations about life, photography, business and our crazy ideas. The joking and laughter is non stop. Love you girl! <3
My doctor is really good and I'm grateful she's willing to work with me to resolve whatever the heck is happening with my health. I have faith that we'll be able to get it all figured out so I can get back to my old self quickly. Thyroid issues are so common and the more I talk about it the more people I know have them.
Come the end of June I'll be running my businesses full time which is very exciting and something I've been working towards for the last 5 years. It's so scary and I have all of the what if's but there is a quote that I keep thinking of, "What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?" The more I talk about it the more business has been coming in. I have amazing support and networks. It's so exciting to see where it goes. There is a lot that comes along with it but I've got this!
By the end of the run I was still crying, still overwhelmed but felt okay. After my shower I was feeling a lot better. The rest of the day was spent with friends and my family. Sometimes things have to break down before they can build by up again. I feel like that's what happened during that run yesterday. Still determined to get that 3 miles in 40 minutes. LOL! It will happen!!!
The playlist I ran to was part of Steve Aoki's new album I talked about a few runs ago and to be honest I don't remember what the songs were because I was not really listening. All I know is it started with "I Love it When You Cry" which I feel was fitting now that I think about it.
![]() |
| Add caption |

Comments
Post a Comment