Guilty Pleasure Confession

Week 7 Day 3

Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes

2.87 miles/4.62 kilometres

Intervals (these are being done on my own, not part of the app I use):
Warm up 5 minutes: 3.6mph
Run 4 minutes: 4.8mph
Brisk walk 1 minute: 3.8mph
Run 4 minutes: 4.8mph
Brisk walk 1 minute: 3.8mph
Run 4 minutes: 5.0mph
Brisk walk 1 minute: 3.8mph
Run 4 minutes: 5.0mph
Brisk walk 1 minute: 3.8mph
Run 4 minutes: 4.6mph
Brisk walk 2 minutes: 3.8mph
Run 2 minute: 4.6mph
Brisk walk: 2 minutes: 3.8mph
Cool down 5 minutes: 3.7mph 

I was really hoping to push through the last 10 minutes of the run doing 5.0mph straight so I could get to that 3 mile goal but I didn't quite have it in me today.  Still determined to get there and I know I will before the end of the training.  I'm pretty proud of getting .02mph closer to that goal with this run!  

Even though it's only been second run doing the intervals I'm really liking it.  It's so nice to take a bit of a break with those brisk walks.  It's also easier to run shorter spurts.  For the longer runs I like doing a steady jog, no breaks.  But for these shorter ones I like this better.  For now anyway.  LOL!  

When I was training for the 10K I was also doing an ab workout with an app (yes, I really love apps) called 30 Day Abs.  I was also doing the Legs and Arms ones from the same developer but I wanted to talk today about the Ab one.  First of all the reason I really like all of these apps is because they're FREE!  You can pay for premium or to take away ads but these workout ones I use are really good for what I need without having to upgrade and the ads are not obnoxious at all.  Also, I can do them in the comfort of my own home.  Now going back to the 30 Day Abs app.  There are different levels Beginner Level 1 and 2, Intermediate Level 1 and 2 and Advance Level 1 & 2.  I completed the Beginner Level 1 during that first training.  It takes only a few minutes to complete a each workout so I really like that too.  I decided that I'd skip the Beginner Level 2 and go to the Intermediate Level 1 this week.  My daughter and I did the first workout last night.  It wasn't too bad but my core is terrible so I struggled a bit.  Haha!  With this one you get one rest day per week and it's scheduled but I might work around that with my run days so off day lands on a run day.  Anyway, I did day 2 today and holy moly, it's tough.  I'm feeling it but I know that it's good and as I keep doing it I'll get stronger.  Once I get into a good routine with the running and the abs I may add some arms in there too.  I have some hand weights somewhere in the house that I'll have to dig out.  

February is always a hard month for me.  13 years ago today I lost my son at 20 weeks pregnant.  It was a traumatic, intensely sad thing to go through and something I will always carry with me.  Today my run is dedicated to him.  <3

I didn't listen to music for today's run.  Instead I watched TV and am going to now share my slightly embarrassing guilty pleasure with you.  The show I watched was Live with Kelly and Ryan.  I LOVE talk shows.  When I was on mat leave with my son Lennon I started watching Live with Kelly when Michael Strahan was on the show with her.  I have no idea why I love her so much but she is delightful and I enjoy her humour.  It was nice to switch it up a bit this morning with some guilty pleasure TV watching instead of listening to music.  

Yassss!  Feeling more and more like myself every day!  It was a good run.
The 30 Day Ab app.

Thanks everyone for your ongoing support and love!  

Gina

Comments