Okay With Being a Mess
Week 8 Day 2
Duration: 60 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 50 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
4.12 miles/6.78 kilometres
The running portion of this workout was done in intervals as follows:
4 minutes running 5.2mph
1 minute brisk walk 4.0mph
3 minutes running 5.1mph
2 minutes brisk walk 4.0mph
3 minutes running 5.0mph
2 minutes brisk walk 4.0mph
3 minutes running 4.9mph
2 minutes brisk walk 4.0mph
3 minutes running 4.8 mph
4 minutes brisk walk 3.4mph
3 minutes running 4.7mph
2 minutes brisk walk 3.4mph
3 minutes running 4.6mph
2 minutes brisk walk 3.4mph
3 minutes running 4.6mph
2 minutes brisk walk 3.4mph
3 minutes running 4.5mph
2 minutes brisk walk 3.2mph
3 minutes running 4.5mph
It's a lot of switching back and forth but it's good. I was going to try and do 4 minutes running and 1 walking but all I could muster up after that first interval was 3 minutes of running and 2 of walking. It worked out well though so I'm happy with it.
I've also bee doing my ab workouts...sort of. I am behind a few days but am hoping to catch up this weekend and upcoming week. It's been going well and I was starting to feel stronger in my core but then I slacked off and now I'm back to square one but I'll get it back.
My kids were doing yoga while I did the first part of my run today which was really cute. They love this one YouTube channel called Cosmic Kids Yoga. It's super cute and her accent is delightful to listen to. Once they finished their yoga video they did some dance videos. It was so nice that they were exercising together and I feel like I'm doing something right. Then they started fighting around my last interval and I had to yell at them to separate and made them turn the TV off. They each went to their room for a time out and I finished my workout. When I was done I could smell something and walked around the house yelling "Who pooped? Why does it smell like poop in here?" I still have no idea what it was and it has seemed to have dissipated so I'm hoping it was nothing. Being a parent is the best! LOL!!
During this workout I listened to another episode of the ID10T podcast. Chris interviewed Natalie Portman and it was delightful. Near the beginning she talks about being a parent and working, trying to juggle it all. Though some may disagree with what her observation is on the whole thing I completely agreed. I chose to be a working Mom and I'm very okay with being a mess. Nothing in my life is perfect and I'm completely okay with that. "Why does it smell like poop in here?" I rest my case. I do the best I can though. I'm not built to be a stay at home Mom though I appreciate those who are. It's just not me. If you get a chance, take a listen to it. It's a really good episode.
The days are getting longer now which is helping with my mood so much. It's still light out right now and it's after 6:00 pm! The weather is warming up as well which is about freaking time. This winter has been one of the coldest ever (don't quote me on that). I'm pumped to start running outside but it's still not quite warm enough for me yet and the sidewalks are icy...even though my husband got me those spiky things that go on my shoes. Cold weather is not my thing.
Today's run is dedicated to a super amazing lady who inspired me to get moving in the first place over a year ago. Her name is Nikita and she is a selfie posting, gym going, model and generally amazing person. Through her motivation and tenacity she lost 95 pounds and just recently had a major surgery. Nikita, you're an inspiration. Thank you for posting your journey and pushing me to get off of my butt and MOVE! You also motivated me to start this blog and to share my journey with others. <3 Take good care of yourself. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Happy Friday everyone!
Duration: 60 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 50 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
4.12 miles/6.78 kilometres
The running portion of this workout was done in intervals as follows:
4 minutes running 5.2mph
1 minute brisk walk 4.0mph
3 minutes running 5.1mph
2 minutes brisk walk 4.0mph
3 minutes running 5.0mph
2 minutes brisk walk 4.0mph
3 minutes running 4.9mph
2 minutes brisk walk 4.0mph
3 minutes running 4.8 mph
4 minutes brisk walk 3.4mph
3 minutes running 4.7mph
2 minutes brisk walk 3.4mph
3 minutes running 4.6mph
2 minutes brisk walk 3.4mph
3 minutes running 4.6mph
2 minutes brisk walk 3.4mph
3 minutes running 4.5mph
2 minutes brisk walk 3.2mph
3 minutes running 4.5mph
It's a lot of switching back and forth but it's good. I was going to try and do 4 minutes running and 1 walking but all I could muster up after that first interval was 3 minutes of running and 2 of walking. It worked out well though so I'm happy with it.
I've also bee doing my ab workouts...sort of. I am behind a few days but am hoping to catch up this weekend and upcoming week. It's been going well and I was starting to feel stronger in my core but then I slacked off and now I'm back to square one but I'll get it back.
My kids were doing yoga while I did the first part of my run today which was really cute. They love this one YouTube channel called Cosmic Kids Yoga. It's super cute and her accent is delightful to listen to. Once they finished their yoga video they did some dance videos. It was so nice that they were exercising together and I feel like I'm doing something right. Then they started fighting around my last interval and I had to yell at them to separate and made them turn the TV off. They each went to their room for a time out and I finished my workout. When I was done I could smell something and walked around the house yelling "Who pooped? Why does it smell like poop in here?" I still have no idea what it was and it has seemed to have dissipated so I'm hoping it was nothing. Being a parent is the best! LOL!!
During this workout I listened to another episode of the ID10T podcast. Chris interviewed Natalie Portman and it was delightful. Near the beginning she talks about being a parent and working, trying to juggle it all. Though some may disagree with what her observation is on the whole thing I completely agreed. I chose to be a working Mom and I'm very okay with being a mess. Nothing in my life is perfect and I'm completely okay with that. "Why does it smell like poop in here?" I rest my case. I do the best I can though. I'm not built to be a stay at home Mom though I appreciate those who are. It's just not me. If you get a chance, take a listen to it. It's a really good episode.
The days are getting longer now which is helping with my mood so much. It's still light out right now and it's after 6:00 pm! The weather is warming up as well which is about freaking time. This winter has been one of the coldest ever (don't quote me on that). I'm pumped to start running outside but it's still not quite warm enough for me yet and the sidewalks are icy...even though my husband got me those spiky things that go on my shoes. Cold weather is not my thing.
Today's run is dedicated to a super amazing lady who inspired me to get moving in the first place over a year ago. Her name is Nikita and she is a selfie posting, gym going, model and generally amazing person. Through her motivation and tenacity she lost 95 pounds and just recently had a major surgery. Nikita, you're an inspiration. Thank you for posting your journey and pushing me to get off of my butt and MOVE! You also motivated me to start this blog and to share my journey with others. <3 Take good care of yourself. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
| A little change of scenery today! I was stretching when I remembered to take the picture! :-) |
Happy Friday everyone!
Comments
Post a Comment