The Panic Attack Run
Week 6 Day 3
Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
2.75 miles/4.43 kilometres
What. A. Shit. Show.
This run started off great! It really did. I knew it was a 40 minute run and today was the day I was going to get in 3 miles in that time! However, that is NOT what happened.
The warm up started at 3.6mph (that's how confident I was feeling). I didn't even so a brisk walk to warm up, I was jogging! Then I thought for the run I'll start at 5.0mph and do that for 10 minutes, or as long as I think I can. Great! 5.0mph was good. It was a great speed for the music I was listening to. I was floating on that treadmill. Started getting tired around the 5 minute mark but knew I could push through for another 5 minutes. It was about the 7 minute mark into the run that my son fell off of his chair in the kitchen while eating his dinner. Took out and ear bud, asked if everything was okay and under control to which my daughter replied it was. Awesome. But then the only thing that was screaming in my head was YOU'RE A TERRIBLE MOTHER!!!! Who keeps running instead of going to help her kids?! The answer is I do apparently and I'm sure I'm not the only one. For the record, there was no blood, he was indeed fine and all is well with the world. That is not what my brain told me though. Queue panic attack #1 of this run. I made it through 8 minutes of running at 5.0mph. Slowed it down to 3.2mph to catch my breath, calm myself down and get my wits about me.
After 3 minutes of that I was able to bring myself back together and decided to go to 4.5mph. Great! I was trucking along and then 5 minutes later my son was beside the treadmill yelling at me for something. Again I take my ear buds out to find out what it is he wants. A freezie. My daughter volunteered to get them both freezies from the basement. Super! I kept running. Then the stupid YOU'RE A TERRIBLE MOTHER thoughts crept back in. Who gets their 7 year old to basically take are of their 4 year old so they can run. I do apparently, and again...I know I'm not alone on this. Queue panic attack #2 of this workout. Again, I slowed it down to 3.2mph. Again for 3 minutes. In the meantime the kids had their freezies at the kitchen table then curled up on the couch and watched some TV for the rest of my run. I did some more running and then walking running and walking for the duration of the run part of the workout. Cool down was done at 3.2mph.
Needless to say I did not make my 3 miles. There is always next time! I'm so determined to do it one of these 40 minute workouts! And I know I will. I also know I am not a terrible mother. There are way worse things than what happened today. Could have I stopped and started again? Likely. The thing is though, if I jump off of the treadmill every time they need something or whatever I'd never get my workout's done...like ever. Do I regret that I kept going? Absolutely not. If my son would have really hurt himself I would have stopped and helped, but knew he was okay. Is my daughter super awesome for helping out with her little brother so her Mum can do her run? THE BEST! She is seriously the best. As much as they drive me crazy, my kids are pretty dang amazing.
This run is for all of my Mom friends out there! All of us just do the best we can with what we have and I can guarantee we ALL think it's not enough. It is enough. We are enough. Special shout out to all of my single Mom friends who do it all, all of the time. My husband works for the rail which means he isn't home a lot and when he is home he's working. The rail life is not for the faint of heart. It's tough, but we make it work. Despite his hours he still helps out when he can and is always there for support, encouragement and love whenever we need it. So mom friends, this one is for all of us! We've got this. We're love and we're enough.
So maybe today's run wasn't so bad after all. <3
Soundtrack (Power Running by Power Music Workout on AppleMusic)
Don't Mind (Workout Mix)
Come & Get It (Workout Mix)
Everybody Talks (Workout Mix)
Bang Bang (Workout Mix)
Trap Queen (Workout Mix)
Shake It Off (Workout Mix
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
Pompeii (Workout Mix)
Mama Said (Workout Mix)
Gina
Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 30 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes
2.75 miles/4.43 kilometres
What. A. Shit. Show.
This run started off great! It really did. I knew it was a 40 minute run and today was the day I was going to get in 3 miles in that time! However, that is NOT what happened.
The warm up started at 3.6mph (that's how confident I was feeling). I didn't even so a brisk walk to warm up, I was jogging! Then I thought for the run I'll start at 5.0mph and do that for 10 minutes, or as long as I think I can. Great! 5.0mph was good. It was a great speed for the music I was listening to. I was floating on that treadmill. Started getting tired around the 5 minute mark but knew I could push through for another 5 minutes. It was about the 7 minute mark into the run that my son fell off of his chair in the kitchen while eating his dinner. Took out and ear bud, asked if everything was okay and under control to which my daughter replied it was. Awesome. But then the only thing that was screaming in my head was YOU'RE A TERRIBLE MOTHER!!!! Who keeps running instead of going to help her kids?! The answer is I do apparently and I'm sure I'm not the only one. For the record, there was no blood, he was indeed fine and all is well with the world. That is not what my brain told me though. Queue panic attack #1 of this run. I made it through 8 minutes of running at 5.0mph. Slowed it down to 3.2mph to catch my breath, calm myself down and get my wits about me.
After 3 minutes of that I was able to bring myself back together and decided to go to 4.5mph. Great! I was trucking along and then 5 minutes later my son was beside the treadmill yelling at me for something. Again I take my ear buds out to find out what it is he wants. A freezie. My daughter volunteered to get them both freezies from the basement. Super! I kept running. Then the stupid YOU'RE A TERRIBLE MOTHER thoughts crept back in. Who gets their 7 year old to basically take are of their 4 year old so they can run. I do apparently, and again...I know I'm not alone on this. Queue panic attack #2 of this workout. Again, I slowed it down to 3.2mph. Again for 3 minutes. In the meantime the kids had their freezies at the kitchen table then curled up on the couch and watched some TV for the rest of my run. I did some more running and then walking running and walking for the duration of the run part of the workout. Cool down was done at 3.2mph.
Needless to say I did not make my 3 miles. There is always next time! I'm so determined to do it one of these 40 minute workouts! And I know I will. I also know I am not a terrible mother. There are way worse things than what happened today. Could have I stopped and started again? Likely. The thing is though, if I jump off of the treadmill every time they need something or whatever I'd never get my workout's done...like ever. Do I regret that I kept going? Absolutely not. If my son would have really hurt himself I would have stopped and helped, but knew he was okay. Is my daughter super awesome for helping out with her little brother so her Mum can do her run? THE BEST! She is seriously the best. As much as they drive me crazy, my kids are pretty dang amazing.
This run is for all of my Mom friends out there! All of us just do the best we can with what we have and I can guarantee we ALL think it's not enough. It is enough. We are enough. Special shout out to all of my single Mom friends who do it all, all of the time. My husband works for the rail which means he isn't home a lot and when he is home he's working. The rail life is not for the faint of heart. It's tough, but we make it work. Despite his hours he still helps out when he can and is always there for support, encouragement and love whenever we need it. So mom friends, this one is for all of us! We've got this. We're love and we're enough.
So maybe today's run wasn't so bad after all. <3
| Sweaty Betty. |
Soundtrack (Power Running by Power Music Workout on AppleMusic)
Don't Mind (Workout Mix)
Come & Get It (Workout Mix)
Everybody Talks (Workout Mix)
Bang Bang (Workout Mix)
Trap Queen (Workout Mix)
Shake It Off (Workout Mix
Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
Pompeii (Workout Mix)
Mama Said (Workout Mix)
Gina
Comments
Post a Comment