Unintentional Intervals

Week 7 Day 2

Duration: 57 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes
Run: 47 minutes
Cool down: 5 minutes

3.84 miles/6.18 kilometres

Today's run was a bit different because I was having trouble maintaining a good run pace so I'm going to break it down in point form:

Warm up: 3.6-3.8mph
Run: 10 minutes at 4.8mph
Brisk walk: 3 minutes at 3.4mph
Run: 5 minutes at 4.6mph 
Brisk walk: 4 minutes at 3.2mph
Run: 10 minutes at 4.4mph
Brisk walk: 5 minutes at 3.4mph
Run: 10 minutes at 4.2mph
Cool down: 3.2 mph

It was more of an interval workout but it actually worked out really well.  The last 10 minutes were the best of the workout which is not normal for me, they're usually the hardest.  That all being said I think I'm going to keep doing the intervals for a couple weeks.  I need to switch some things up because I'm getting bored and finding it hard to keep a good pace for long stretches.  

During this run I was like, seriously why in the hell am I doing this?!  LOL!  It's going to be amazing to cross that finish line is what I keep telling myself.  I'm really going to have to psych myself up mentally before this run.  I see why athletes see sports therapists!  So much of this is mental.  There was a lot of pumping myself up and talking myself through this workout today.  Thankfully I'm the only one home...even though I still do it when my family is here too.  They know I'm a little crazy.  

Overall it was a really good run.  I'm happy with the intervals and think it will get me through the next few weeks.  I also think it will add more strength and longevity to my run.  Part of me has been itching to get outside to get a more accurate read on the distance and such that I'm actually running.  The treadmill is so different than running outside.  It's way too cold for me though.  I see other runners training through winter and I admire the heck out of them. It's not my thing though.  The cold air in my lung hurts and it makes me cough like crazy.  Especially with how windy it's been in Winnipeg this year too. That feeling of not being able to catch my breath is not cool.  Winter's in the prairies are my least favourite thing in the world.  Once it warms up a bit I want to get out there though!  

Today's run is dedicated to my dear friend Kim.  Her husband is having surgery today so my thoughts and prayers are with them during this time.  She's one of the strongest, most positive, real, honest, loving people I know.  I appreciate our friendship and am so blessed to have her in my life.  This one is for you today my friend!  

I ran to some rap and then some remixed workout music.  I didn't make note of that today though so instead check out Bahamas new album Earthtones.  It's ridiculously good.  I just love Afie's music so much.  Bonus, he's Canadian!  I'm a sucker for Canadian music.   Hope you enjoy it too.

Before the workout.  Toque hair, don't care!  That ridiculously large smile did not remain throughout this workout.  Haha!  :P

Gina


Comments