Exhausted
Week 9 Day 2
Duration: 63 minutes
Warm up:
5 minutes - 3.2mph
Run:
10 minutes - 4.2mph
3 minutes - 3.2mph (brisk walk)
7 minutes - 4.2mph
3 minutes - 3.2mph (brisk walk)
7 minutes - 4.2mph
6 minutes - 3.2mph (brisk walk)
7 minutes - 4.0mph
3 minutes - 3.2mph (brisk walk)
7 minutes - 4.0mph
Cool down:
2 minutes - 3.2mph
3 minutes - 3.0mph
3.94 miles/6.34 kilometres
Not going to lie, today was hard. It was a struggle to get through this workout. I've been feeling so exhausted and just not motivated at all. I'm really hoping it's short lived as the half marathon is just over a month away. I really wanted to call in the last 10 minutes of the run portion and was legitimately planning on walking but after I did the last 3 minute brisk walk I told myself to suck it up and run the last 7 minutes. I did it. It was hard. Why oh why did I sign up for this thing?! It's so ridiculous. It is a lot of work. A lot of training. It will be worth it, right? Haha!
I've had a lot on my mind lately which may have had an effect on today's run. The days are getting longer and today is the first day of Spring so I'm feeling hopeful that Summer will come this year. It's been the longest winter in history. Not really, but it feels like it! The snow was melting but now we are getting more so who knows when I'll get outside to run. There are some gravel roads not far from where I live so I may just hit some of them up soon. I'm not a fan of running in the city anyway so it will work well.
My knees felt good today. My shoulder has been sore from dodge ball and for whatever reason it started hurting during my run today. I'll be doing some good stretching this evening along with some icing.
Because I have few runs left in the training I've decided what I may do is just walk on the treadmill in between run days as I need to space them out until race day. I really want to run the last workout at the half marathon. The reason behind this is the app will tell me my pace as I go, encourage me "you're doing great", "good job" along the way and keep me focused on my time/distance. This way I'll know if I have to speed up or stay steady. I don't necessarily have a time goal but I would like to keep it close to 2 and a half hours or less. If I'm more I'll be fine with that too. Okay, so I guess I do have a time goal. Haha!
Today's run is dedicated to my lovely friend Elizabeth who went in for an emergency surgery this morning. Everything went well and she will be in the hospital for a few days recovering. Wishing her all the best in her recovery. Love you my dear friend! You've been such a great friend over the years, a big help with the kids and I adore our real-talk conversations. Get well soon!
Today's playlist is all from A Tribe Called Red. Who I'm so obsessed with. Great music to run to.
Electric Pow Wow Drum
Look at This (Remix)
Northern Cree - Red Skin Girl
Woodcarver
Good to Go
Muchi - Shottas
Native Puppy Love
Moombahwow
Intertribal N.1
R.E.D. (feat. Black Bear, Narcy & Yasiin Bey)
The Virus (feat. Chippewa Travellers & Saul Williams)
BEFORE (feat. Joseph Boyden)
Sila (feat. Tanya Tagaq)
Gina
Duration: 63 minutes
Warm up:
5 minutes - 3.2mph
Run:
10 minutes - 4.2mph
3 minutes - 3.2mph (brisk walk)
7 minutes - 4.2mph
3 minutes - 3.2mph (brisk walk)
7 minutes - 4.2mph
6 minutes - 3.2mph (brisk walk)
7 minutes - 4.0mph
3 minutes - 3.2mph (brisk walk)
7 minutes - 4.0mph
Cool down:
2 minutes - 3.2mph
3 minutes - 3.0mph
3.94 miles/6.34 kilometres
Not going to lie, today was hard. It was a struggle to get through this workout. I've been feeling so exhausted and just not motivated at all. I'm really hoping it's short lived as the half marathon is just over a month away. I really wanted to call in the last 10 minutes of the run portion and was legitimately planning on walking but after I did the last 3 minute brisk walk I told myself to suck it up and run the last 7 minutes. I did it. It was hard. Why oh why did I sign up for this thing?! It's so ridiculous. It is a lot of work. A lot of training. It will be worth it, right? Haha!
I've had a lot on my mind lately which may have had an effect on today's run. The days are getting longer and today is the first day of Spring so I'm feeling hopeful that Summer will come this year. It's been the longest winter in history. Not really, but it feels like it! The snow was melting but now we are getting more so who knows when I'll get outside to run. There are some gravel roads not far from where I live so I may just hit some of them up soon. I'm not a fan of running in the city anyway so it will work well.
My knees felt good today. My shoulder has been sore from dodge ball and for whatever reason it started hurting during my run today. I'll be doing some good stretching this evening along with some icing.
Because I have few runs left in the training I've decided what I may do is just walk on the treadmill in between run days as I need to space them out until race day. I really want to run the last workout at the half marathon. The reason behind this is the app will tell me my pace as I go, encourage me "you're doing great", "good job" along the way and keep me focused on my time/distance. This way I'll know if I have to speed up or stay steady. I don't necessarily have a time goal but I would like to keep it close to 2 and a half hours or less. If I'm more I'll be fine with that too. Okay, so I guess I do have a time goal. Haha!
Today's run is dedicated to my lovely friend Elizabeth who went in for an emergency surgery this morning. Everything went well and she will be in the hospital for a few days recovering. Wishing her all the best in her recovery. Love you my dear friend! You've been such a great friend over the years, a big help with the kids and I adore our real-talk conversations. Get well soon!
Today's playlist is all from A Tribe Called Red. Who I'm so obsessed with. Great music to run to.
Electric Pow Wow Drum
Look at This (Remix)
Northern Cree - Red Skin Girl
Woodcarver
Good to Go
Muchi - Shottas
Native Puppy Love
Moombahwow
Intertribal N.1
R.E.D. (feat. Black Bear, Narcy & Yasiin Bey)
The Virus (feat. Chippewa Travellers & Saul Williams)
BEFORE (feat. Joseph Boyden)
Sila (feat. Tanya Tagaq)
| So warm today. |
Gina
Comments
Post a Comment