Spring Break!

Week 9 Day 3:

Duration 40 minutes

Warm up: 
5 minutes - 3.2mph
Run: 
5 minutes - 4.0mph
5 minutes - 3.2mph
5 minutes - 4.0mph
5 minutes - 3.3mph
10 minutes - 4.0mph
Cool down:
5 minutes - 3.2mph

2.41 miles/3.9 kilometres

Not the greatest distance but it was a workout nonetheless.  I'm having a hard time with these last few weeks of training.  Reason being that I'm worried about injuries before the marathon.  This happened before the 10K and now I'm concerned it will happen again.  I'm trying to take it easier but then I'm worried I won't be strong enough or prepared come race day.  I also only have 12 workouts left for the training I'm doing and 5 weeks to do them.  I'm going to have to figure something out.  Trying to space them out and add runs in between.  I think I talked about this last week too.  

It's Spring Break here this week so I'm home with my daughter.  My Mum is coming mid week and then I'm heading to Calgary for a few days to see my best friend from high school.  While I'm there I will get to spend a day with my sister in law and nephew too.  I'm looking forward to getting away.  I thought about doing a run while I'm there but I don't think it will happen.  Haha!  When I get back I'm going to get my remaining workouts/training planned out with the runs in between.  I also want to start running outside next month.  We were supposed to get snow all weekend but thankfully we didn't.  The snow we do have is almost all gone.  One more week or so of warm weather should take care of it.  

Today's run is dedicated to my friend Craig who I'm going to hang out with in Calgary later this week!  My best friend from high school.  Since he moved to Calgary and I moved to Winnipeg we don't get to see each other very often.  We get to connect when we're both back home where we grew up in SK but not as often as we'd both like.  We have talked for years about me going there or him coming here but it just hasn't worked out.  Finally, it is happening and I'm so excited!

Playlist:  This is one I made on AppleMusic.
Shout ! - THRILLERS
Out of My Head (feat. Tove Lo and ALMA) - Carli XCX [Explicit]
More Than Friends (feat. Kelli-Leigh) - James Hype
Just Dance (feat. Colby O'Donis) - Lady Gaga
Breathe (feat. Ina Wroldsen) - Jax Jones
Instruction (feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don) - Jax Jones
I Miss You (feat. Julia Michaels) [Cahill Remix] - Clean Bandit
Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato [Explicit]
16 Shots - Stefflon Don [Explicit]
S&M - Rihanna
You Don't Know Me (feat. RAYE) [Explicit]
What About Us (Cash Cash Remix) - P!nk

Little Bubba in the background patiently waiting for Mum to be done running so he can go see his friends at daycare.
Gina

Comments