2 For the Price of 1
Week 9 Day 4
Duration: 1 hour 57 minutes, 5.56 miles/8.85 kilometres
I did not do a blog entry because I was grumpy, I didn't have time, I just didn't want to and I was super disappointed about how I did and how crappy I felt about it. Hindsight, I likely should have written about it the day after but I didn't. So, moving on...
Week 10 Day 1
Duration: 40 minutes
2.86 miles/4.6km
Today's run was AMAZING! I feel like I have my groove back. I feel really good, my knees are better, feet and ankles feel great too. Last run I literally felt like I was falling apart. I'm so happy today went well because I was starting to get really worried I wouldn't be able to do this whole thing. It's less than a month away!! But, I did it and it was awesome and now I feel good about it again. :)
Today would have been the perfect day to have a run outdoors but my husband is at work late so I did the treadmill instead. Our snow is almost gone and it's not super windy. Hoping the conditions are good for the actual race day. Come on sun melt all of that snow in SK!!!
Not quite my best 40 minute run but it was 0.01miles less than my best so I'll take it. I pushed hard off the hop with a 6.0mph for 2 minutes run. Then I went down to 4.0mph for a couple minutes then went back and forth with 5.0mph and 4.0mph until the end.
I have 10 more workouts/runs until race day. I'm going to do 2 more this week, 3 next week and 3 the week after then the very last one is on race day. It's so hard to believe that it's so close! There is light at the end of the tunnel!!
I listened to my old Run playlist I made on AppleMusic. I've been trying to figure out a way to listen to music and episodes of my favourite podcasts during the time it take to do the run but I haven't figured out how to set up a playlist that will do both medias. If anyone knows how, please let me know.
Today's run is dedicated to the Humboldt Broncos. My heart broke when I read news of that horrible tragedy. I grew up in rural Saskatchewan so it really hit home. Messages to close friends were sent to check in, express love and sympathy. I still can't wrap my head around it all but the outpouring of love, support, prayers, etc from around the world is incredible. Just, so very incredible. There is good in this world. There is hope and humanity when all feels lost. I ran hard today for those who were taken too soon, those who are left behind to mourn and the community surrounding directly effected by the loss. <3
#humboldtstrong
I encourage you, if you haven't already, to donate to their GoFundMe which you can find here: https://ca.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos
Gina
Comments
Post a Comment