Goal Achieved
Week Ten Day 3
Duration: 40 minutes
Warm up: 5 minutes - 3.6 mph
Run: 4 minutes - 5.0 mph
1 minute - 4.0 mph
4 minutes - 5.0 mph
1 minute - 4.0 mph
4 minutes - 5.0 mph
2 minutes - 4.0 mph
4 minutes - 5.0 mph
1 minute - 4.0 mph
4 minutes - 4.8 mph
1 minute - 4.0 mph
3 minutes 4.0 mph
1 minute - 6.0 mph
Cool down: 5 minutes 4.0 mph
YOU GUYS!!!!! I FINALLY DID IT!!! DISTANCE 3.04 MILES/4.89 KILOMETRES!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 miles in 40 minutes on the treadmill. I DID IT!!!! I almost passed out but I pushed through and FINALLY achieved that goal. Holy moly. I'm so happy right now. :D
I've been feeling really good lately overall so this is just the cherry on top of the cake. The cake in which I cannot eat as I'm doing the Whole30. Haha!
As I did the warm up I decided that I would shoot for my 40 minute/3.0mile goal today by doing a 4 minutes of 5.0mph and 1 minute of 4.0mph. I adjusted it during the last half of my run because I was getting really tired. But it all worked out. I'm just so bloody happy I finally did it so I don't have it lingering in the back of my mind anymore. Now I can finish up the training and run this damn thing already.
Around the last 10 minutes of the running portion of this workout I had to send my kids to their rooms because I could hear them fighting in the toy room. That was likely around the time I almost passed out. My blood pressure was likely too high. The kids stayed in their rooms until I was done and then I sorted that out. Oi. The joys of doing all of the things.
The play list that brought me to glory is a real gem that popped up in my "For You" portion of my AppleMusic. It's called 90s Workout.
The Next Episode - Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg (E)
Sandstorm (Radio Edit) - Darude
Blue (Da Ba Dee) - Eiffel 65
Brimful of Asha - Cornershop
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom! - Vengaboys
Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio (E)
Rhythm Is a Dancer - Snap!
Livin' la Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
Saturday Night - Whigfield
Mambo No. 5 - Lou Bega
U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
Today's run is dedicated to my friend Linell's partner James! He's been cheering me on via Facebook this whole time! Each time I'd get close to this goal he would comment that I would get it next time. I kept that in my mind each and every attempt and I knew it was true. So it's only fitting that today's run is for him! THANK YOU for your encouragement James! Hopefully we can grab a pint after the race. Linell tells me I have to shower first though. :)
| Couldn't be happier! Goal CRUSHED!! |
| YASSSS! My pet peeve is that my treadmill ends up 10-20 seconds faster than my app, every single time. |
Countdown to race day: 20 days
Gina
Comments
Post a Comment