It Takes a Village

Week 10 Day 2 

Duration: 66 minutes

Warm up: 5 minutes (3.0 mph)
Run:  10 minutes (4.0 mph) 
          5 minutes (3.6 mph)
          10 minutes (4.0 mph)
          5 minutes (3.5 mph)
          10 minutes (4.0 mph)
          5 minutes (3.5 mph)
          11 minutes (4.0 mph)
Cool down: 5 minutes (3.2 mph)

Distance: 4.14 miles/6.66 kilometres

This run was intended to happen yesterday after work but that just did not happen.  Plan B was to do it in the morning when I woke up which is exactly what I ended up doing.  Woke up around 7:20, put my workout clothes on, strapped on my shoes and did my run.  It was really good but I was also half asleep so there was that.  Haha!  It was so nice to be able to wake up, run, shower and get on with the rest of my day.  

Today's run was a slow and steady pace to be kind to my knees and just because I really don't want to push it too hard before race day.  My sister had injured her foot so she has changed her race status to walking instead of running.  It will still be satisfying to cross that finish line but it's disappointing to have done all of this training to have to walk this thing instead of run it.  I'm doing my best to listen to my body and myself so that it doesn't happen to me.  There are only a couple more weeks left! 

Today's playlist was some random thing I found on AppleMusic.  I didn't really listen to the music as I have a lot going on in my head so I was going through all of that.  I'm in the process of quitting my day job and moving into being 100% self employed which has been occupying a lot of my thoughts.  It's the most exciting yet terrifying things I've ever done.  So between business, marketing, partnering, etc thoughts running through my head today there were thoughts about this half marathon too.  

Should I just walk it too?  Why on Earth did I decide this was a good idea?  It's going to be over 2 hours of running.  I'll be pushing my body to a whole new limit.  It's going to be hard.  Am I going to have to go to the bathroom in the middle?  I need to pick up anti-chaffing stuff before race day.  SK still has a lot of snow.  Will it melt?  Do I have to get ice pick things for my shoes?  What if I'm too cold?  Should I wear a light running jacket?  What if I get too hot if I do?  All. Of. The. Questions. And. Thoughts.

So by the end of the run I was very much ready to just shower and go out for breakfast with my friend Angie.  We had a long overdue visit which was exactly what I needed.  

I'm going to be just fine.  In all aspects of my life.  I've surrounded myself with the most supportive people who believe in me when I don't necessarily believe in myself.  This race is going to mark an end and a beginning.  An end of a traditional career into the beginning of self employment.  It's all worked out the way it was meant to and it's going to be a beautiful way to mark such an important time in my life.  

Today's run is for Angie!  We met in book club many years ago and have stayed in touch since.  Her and her husband were two of the first people I saw actually following their dreams despite what others said or told them to do.  I remember talking to Angie about this when they were living in BC and asking her how she did it.  We talked and I was given confidence that I could do that too.  All of these little things have led me to where I am today.  To these things I am forever grateful.  Thank you Angie for everything!  It may seem like little things but they have all meant a lot to me.  <3

Early bird gets the worm.

Have a great weekend everyone!  

Countdown to race day: 15 days

Gina

Comments